Professional Proofreading and Editing Services
“I thank you so much and appreciate beyond words. I really appreciate the help I got from you.”
Barbara, PhD student, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
My name is Nicola Everitt and I am a professional proofreader and editor based in the UK.
I provide proofreading and language editing for:
Whether you are a student, an author, or an experienced academic, the accuracy of your written work reflects your credibility and reputation. As readers, nothing makes us doubt the professionalism of a published document more than spelling or grammatical errors. I provide a proofreading and language editing service to eradicate errors and add value to your work, thus ensuring that your content remains the focus and your words speak for themselves.
I am friendly and professional, and I pride myself on my meticulous approach to proofreading and language editing your work so that your readers have no reason to doubt its quality.
You can be confident in my abilities as I am educated to Postgraduate Diploma level and trained with the Publishing Training Centre to complete its industry-recognised course in proofreading. In addition, I spent more than five years working as a Contracts Specialist where I drafted, negotiated, and proofread research-related and legal documents. I am therefore very experienced at looking closely at the detail of documents as I know just how important accuracy is.
I have a particular interest in texts relating to business studies, intellectual property, administration, and law. However, I also have experience of working with a wide range of other documents in a variety of different areas; from psychology and education, to religious studies and fiction.
If you think I have the skills that match your needs, then please get in touch – I look forward to working with you!
Relevant qualifications, courses and experience:
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law
- Publishing Training Centre ‘Basic Proofreading’ course (Merit)
- Intermediate member of the SfEP
- SfEP ‘Proofreading 1: Introduction’ course
- SfEP ‘Proofreading 2: Progress’ course
- Publishing Training Centre ‘Grammar at Work’ course
- WIPO General Course on Intellectual Property
- Over five years’ experience of drafting, negotiating and proofreading research-related and legal agreements.